Hawk Ridge Project
Nickel North is a Canadian based explorer focused on defining a Ni-Cu-PGE resource at our Hawk Ridge Project in Quebec.
- Hawk Ridge covers 18,000 hectares over a 50 km belt of Ni-Cu-PGE occurrences on tidewater in Quebec.
- An immediate target of large tonnage intermediate-grade, with open pit potential, is present in the Hopes Advance area and the Gamma zone.
- A second type of target is the high-grade Raglan-style of mineralization is seen at Hopes Advance area, the Gamma zone and the Pio area.
- All drill core holes from the 2012 program encountered magmatic sulphide mineralization in the mafic to ultramafic assemblage of rocks.
- Preliminary interpretation of the VTEM PLUS survey by Dr. Shore identified 35 new anomalous areas showing highly favourable Ni, Cu, and PGE geophysical responses, with little or no previous work.
- Resource modelling is planned to begin on several of the zones during Q4 2012 and is expected to be designed to further define and expand on the new and historical drilling on the property.
- Key supplies are planned to be shipped to the project site by sea this fall, a strategy that will reduce costs and permit an early start for the 2013 exploration program.
- Feasibility of deep sea port being assessed by Oceanic Iron Ore Corp.